Hello, arepa lovers! We are proud to present mandocas to you. Made with maize flour, same as arepas, they have a delicious sweet taste. Their unique shape gives them a wonderful crunch, a perfect gluten free breakfast!
Venezuelan food is super versatile, so you can eat them with cheese, maple syrup or alone. Let’s start!
- 1 ripe plantain, boiled for 10 minutes and puréed
- 3/4 cup of corn flour (P.A.N)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 tbsp of brown sugar
- A pinch of salt *2 tbsp of oil, if you’re cooking them on the air fryer
Fresh grated cheese
- Combine plantain purée, flour, water, sugar and salt (and oil). Use your hands to get the perfect consistency, a flexible dough that does not stick to your hands.
- Make a little ball, put it on the table and roll your hands through it until you have a tube-shaped dough. Put the ends together to make the classic mandoca shape.
- Fry them on hot oil, medium heat, until they’re golden brown.
- Pour the cheese on top and enjoy!